Butter Braised Shrimp
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 6 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
Combine the butter, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook the mixture, stirring constantly, until the butter melts, about 1 minute.
Stir in the shrimp. Cover the pan and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the shrimp are just opaque, about 5 minutes.
Buttery Stone-Ground Grits
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1 cup stone-ground or old-fashioned grits
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup heavy cream, divided
Bring 4 cups salted water to a boil in a medium pot. Slowly add the grits, stirring constantly to avoid lumps.
Add 1 teaspoon salt and partially cover. Reduce the heat to medium and cook about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Uncover the pot and stir in the butter and 3 tablespoons of the cream. Continue to stir, adding the remaining cream, a few tablespoons at a time, until the mixture thickens and begins to sputter slightly, about 15 minutes. Taste and add more salt, if desired.
Sour Cream Butter Biscuits
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Grease miniature muffin pans.
Mix the flour and butter together, add the sour cream, and blend well. Place spoonfuls of the batter in the muffin pans. Bake until golden, 8 to 10 minutes.